Monday, June 5, 2017

Completed: Dark Angels Shrine

I'm a little late on getting these photos taken and posted, but it's been busy now that I'm back to work. :(

Ta-da!  It's not perfect by any means, but I was ready to be done with it.

The structure is still quite fragile, so I'm probably going to have to mount it onto some MDF just to keep it from falling apart.  I'm waiting for the new ruleset to drop to see how ruins work in 8th Edition.






Something I'm not thrilled about is how dusty everything looks, but I'm not sure if it was the anti-matte varnish or just actual dust!

I drybrushed black scorch marks on the damage as best as I could.



It also came out looking a bit wet in spots.  Weird.


I tried using Waystone Green to fill in the lanterns to look like they were unlit glass, but it didn't work out...


...and the result was covered up with Incubi Darkness.  However, the Waystone Green made it look like an old leaky battery or something, so I added some more to give it a corroded effect.

I didn't want to leave the backdrop of those naves just green, but I wasn't about to paint murals or anything, so I blacked 'em out to bring more attention to the "stone" scrolls.


I've already pre-ordered both Imperial index books for 8th, and will get around to getting the Dark Imperium starter at some point I imagine, but finances being what they are, I chose the cheaper route this time.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment